Job Title: Technical Author
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
Hours: Full Time. Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Posted: January 2020
We are a small, values-driven, UK company with a big heart and a great product. The Panintelligence suite of data analytics solutions is white-labelled by software vendors, and we have grown rapidly over the last four years from 6 to 40 people, winning many local and national awards.
Our vision is to be the data analytics partner of choice for software vendors, with a mission to build remarkable partnerships. This is a never-ending journey that begins from the very first contact with each new prospect.
We recently closed our Series A fundraise and opened our first international office in the USA (Boston). It's an exciting time to be part of the Panintelligence journey. Small enough to be a fun, rewarding place to work, and big enough to do something that matters.
Who are you?
Your ability to evaluate and analyse complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Develop and maintain our Pi Academy online training courses
- Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Help to produce marketing collateral such as white papers, how to guides and blog posts
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field or Journalism/English degree
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with software engineers to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
To apply for the role, please send a covering letter and CV to HR@panintelligence.com